If you're registering an out of state vehicle
Then you must
That's over 10 years old.

You don't have to report the Odometer miles
That's less than 10 years old.
Fill out the Odometer Disclosure Statement on the Title. Most titles have an Odometer Disclosure Statement section.

If you don't have the Title, you can get an Odometer Disclosure form only through an office. To get one:

Visit a vehicle licensing office.
Email us: CustomerCare@dol.wa.gov. Include your name and mailing address. We’ll mail it to you within 2 business days.
Call us: 360.902.3770. We'll mail it to you within 2 business days.

That's 2009 or newer:
  • Car
  • Light-duty truck
  • SUV
  • Passenger van
It must meet California emission standards to be registered, leased, rented, licensed, or sold for use in WA. See Clean Car emission requirements.
In these counties: Clark, King, Pierce, Snohomish, or Spokane.
You may need to pass an emissions test before you register your vehicle. See Emissions testing.
That's been registered in another state and owned for less than 90 days.

Vehicle/Vessel Bill of Sale (English, Español, Русский, and more)
Dealership purchase agreement showing proof of any taxes paid.
Where the vehicle weight doesn't show on the title.
You may be required to show the vehicle weight slip. You could get the weight from a vehicle licensing office or weigh your vehicle at a scale house in WA.
Where any owners listed on the title are deceased or need to be removed.
Contact a vehicle licensing office for instructions.
That's an RV, motor home, or trailer and/or recreational vehicle.
You may be required to present proof of sales tax. If you don't have proof you'll be required to pay use tax.

Moving to Washington?

Things to know

First, you must get your Washington (WA) driver license, then register your vehicle(s). You have 30 days to do this after you've moved here.
We have different offices for driver licensing and vehicle licensing. You won't be able to get your license and register your vehicle at the same place.
Everyone's situation is different, call or email us at
titles@splwa.com to find out what your fees will be and exactly what you need to do.

1. Get a WA driver license

First get your WA driver license then register your vehicle(s). You have 30 days once you establish residency here to get your driver license, register your vehicle(s) and get new plates.

2. Find out what you need depending on your situation.

No Lienholder on title - Bring in your Title and we will issue WA registration and Title.

Lienholder on title - Request a faxed or email copy of your title (or Electronic title) from your lienholder. If they need us to make the request on your behalf, contact us with your vehicle information and your lienholders fax number.

Call or visit us to find out what your fees will be and what you need to do next. You may also need to meet one or more of these requirements:

Smokey Point

Vehicle & VESSEL Licensing

Smokey Point Vehicle & Vessel Licensing © All Rights Reserved.